Environmental degradation has become a Global issue in the modern world. With numerous industries and manufacturing companies polluting the atmosphere, the very existence of life form is being threatened. The air we breathe has been poisoned by the chemical spewed by the factories; the land has been rendered barren and not suitable for cultivation and the water has been laced with harmful compounds making it unfit to drink. The latter is of utmost concern as the availability of clean drinking water ensures the survival of all life forms on earth. Already there is a shortage of clean water and the further degradation of water by industrial wastes has made the issue much more serious. Today the water problem is in such a critical stage that,skeptics are considering the possibility of the next world war being fought over water.
The primary cause of water pollution is attributed to the reckless disposal of untreated water coming from industries and manufacturing plants. And once this polluted water comes in contact with a clean water source, the whole source is then polluted. So it is extremely important for industrial conglomerates to have an effective water treatment plan other than their manufacturing units. With a little extra expense, an effective water treatment system can be set up. Here we will talk about some commonly used water treatment systems, with special reference to water treatment companies in Australia.
- Ultrafiltration Systems – Ultrafiltration (UF) is generally used to clarify solution containing suspended solids, bacteria and high amount of macromolecules like oil and water. This process uses a pressure-driven technology that uses a membrane to separate emulsified oils, metal hydroxides, dispersed materials, suspended solids and other large molecular weight materials from wastewater other solutions.
- Vacuum Evaporation & Distillation – The process uses evaporation, a natural phenomenon that is considered as one of the best water treatment process available. This process is distinct from other treatment process, as it removes water from contaminants, rather than filtering the contaminants from water.
- Reverse Osmosis Systems – This technology uses a semipermeable membrane to remove impurities and dissolved impurities by allowing the passage of water while at the same time leaving majority of the dissolved salts/solids and other contaminants behind.
- Paper Bed Filters – Such systems works on gravity. They use disposable paper medium permanent filters to create a positive barrier to remove contaminants from industrial process liquids. These filters are required for processes needed to separate ferrous and non-ferrous metals, as well as removal of both organic and inorganic contaminants such as glass, rubber and plastic.
- Solid Bowl Centrifuges – These systems make use of centrifugal force to separate solids from liquids in processing applications that involves metal keeping in mind the reuse and recycling of the same material. They provide superior liquid and solid separation for any material ranging from metallic to non-metallic, as well as ferrous and non-ferrous particles.
Water is an essential commodity for our survival. But due to the reckless activities of humans, most of the usable water sources have been rendered unusable. Due to this the very existence of life-form and as a whole the humans have been endangered. And this is the high time to take action on making the available sources free of contamination. Most of the sources of pollution are attributed to human activities. But the humans have even developed systems that can make the water usable again. There are various methods to decontaminate the water sources of any harmful chemicals. So if you want to contribute to water preservation, try SWA services. They are one of the best water treatment companies in Australia.